Tuesday, October 04, 2005

5 Step Prayer

I just wanted to share this with you all first before I actually post a devotional. A friend of mine shared with me the 5 steps to praying. I thought I would share them with you all.

5 Step Prayer

1. Pray that God will break you of your sin.
2. Ask God to wash you in the blood of Jesus.
3. Pray to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
4. Pray that God will lead you by the Holy Spirit.
5. Pray that God will use you to the glory of His Kingdom.

When I was going through a particuarly difficult time my friend gave me this simple 5 steps of prayer. It took me a while to learn how to do this but once I started praying using these five steps I noticed that the prayers weren't as hard to say. Sometimes when we pray we might not know what to say, especially when we are praying to ask God for forgiveness for something wrong we have done. However, this 5 step prayer helps us come up with the words to say. Then usually at the end I add on anything else that I feel compelled to pray for. It is amazing how once you confess your sins to God it is so much easier to pray for other people. I hope that this simple 5 step prayer will help you all in your prayer life.