Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Does God have control of your life?

Isaiah 55:8-9 ~"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts"

I know that many of us have read these verses many times, especially if we go to church. But for some reason these verses just seem to be hard for me to learn to "deal with", I guess you could say. I mean, I know that God has a plan for all of us and that we should just wait on Him. However, sometimes it is so difficult. I still want to think that I control my life. But the truth is, I don't really control my life at all. God controls everything that happens to me. Everything that happens to me in the next second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year and for the rest of my life, is already laid out in front of God. God has my whole life planned for me. And whether I want to accept that or not makes no difference to Him. If He wants me to do something, I will eventually do it. Whether or not I want to. Why? Because He already has is planned out.

There have been many times in my life when I planned on certain things happening and they never did. As frustrated as I was that my plans didn't work out, Isaiah 55:8-9 tells me that I shouldn't be frustrated. You see, God has a plan for our lives. They may or may not corrospond to the plans, goals, and thoughts we have for our future. However, we must remember that God's plans, goals, and thoughts are the best ones for us.

You might want to be a doctor and help the sick. Maybe God wants you to be a missonary though. You can argue and struggle with God all you want. It doesn't matter how hard you try, you can't escape God's will for your life. Sure you can go to medical school and become a doctor, but deep down inside you will feel like there is something missing. That's because when you are outside of God's Will you can never be truely happy. God knows what's best for us because His thoughts are higher then our thoughts. God see the whole picutre of our lives while we only can see what is going to make us happy now. God knows what is going to fufill us the most and we just need to loook to Him and follow His lead.

This is extremely difficult for me because when my sister joined the army I have to admit I was a little furious. Why? Well, my sister joined at a time of war. She joined right after September 11th and there was a pretty good chance that she was going to have to go to Iraq and I didn't like that one bit. But I have to remember that that was God's plan for Michelle's life. No matter what any of us did, my sister would have eventually joined the army. Whether it be durning September 11th or later. God wanted her to go to Iraq. He has a mission for her. And while I might not have realized it then, God was going to do something wonderful in her life. There is a reason she is over there and I must just learn to accept the fact that it is all a part of God's perfect Will for my sister's life. No matter what happens to her, it is happening because that is what God wants to happen. If she gets her, there is a reason behind it. If she makes it home, there is a reason behind it.

We must all learn that God's plan for our lives is much better than anything we can imagine. There is a reason He puts us in every situation. At some point in time we might be presented with an opprotunity to do something and might think that it is stupid. However, if it is part of God's Will for our lives, we can reject it all we want but one day it is going to come back to us and one day we are going to accept it. Why? Because that is the way that God intends it to be. We just need to turn ourselves over to God and let Him control the path of our life. When we do this we will be much happier and have a lot less headaches and problems. God's thoughts are better than anything we can come up with. God's plans are better than anything we can imagine. We just need to let God do His job and give Him complete control of our thoughts and our lives.

"Dear Lord, I know that you have a perfect purpose and plan for my life. I have been struggling to understand where exactly You are leading me. I just ask today that You help me give You control of my thoughts and my life. Please take this life in the direction that You would want it to go. Help me understand that all things happen because it is a part of Your perfect Will. Help me be a better servant to You. Help me follow Your ways and obey Your law. I ask that You just take control of my life and lead me in the direction that You would like me to go. Help me to distinguish between Your Will and my selfishness. Help me to understand when I am doing something because I want to and when I am doing something because You want me to. Help me to serve You. In Your holy, awesome and perfectly wonderful name I pray, AMEN!"